Digital Communications Coordinator
Under the supervision of the Assistant to the City Manager and Public Relations Specialist, the Digital Communications Coordinator will be responsible for public relations, community engagement and digital marketing/communications. The position will be responsible for creating digital content, maintaining digital platforms, and engaging the residents of Cocoa to effectively communicate, enhance, and create a positive image for the City of Cocoa. Work involves creating content for digital platforms and maintaining the City’s various digital forms of communication including website, social media and mobile applications. This position will also assist the Assistant to the City Manager with various community events and other types of communication and community engagement efforts. Work requires coordination amongst and between City Departments and various partner organizations and the exercise of some independent judgment and initiative.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTION
- Creates content to be included on the City’s various digital platforms that will notify, increase awareness and educate residents on the happenings in the City.
- Maintains the City’s various digital platforms to include but not limited to: the City websites, social media platforms and the mobile applications.
- Maintains the City’s website and other digital forms to be accessible and compliant for residents of all abilities.
- Assists the Assistant to the City Manager and Public Relations Specialist on community events.
- Coordinates with the Assistant to the City Manager and Public Relations Specialist on other methods of communication and publications for the City to include newsletters, brochures, flyers, etc.
- Participates in emergency management operations in drafting and/or communicating public advisory messages and assists with emergency operations for the City.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Ability to design, create and produce marketing, advertising, and promotional content a plus.
- Good organization skills.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and switch between tasks quickly.
- Knowledge of principles, practices and techniques of communications, public relations and marketing a plus.
- Strong ability to communicate effectively and creatively, verbally and in writing, using a variety of formats and methods in a variety of situations, to diverse groups and individuals.
- Knowledge of and ability to maximize social media reach.
- Knowledge of and ability to work with websites, more specifically with a content management system.
- Ability to work in a variety of settings, independently and on teams and committees.
- Ability to exercise sound judgment.
- May be required to respond and assist in emergency management operations in the event of a natural or manmade disaster.
- May be required to attend Council meetings during evening hours, as requested by management, or attend other City functions or events as needed.