Jacobs is now accepting applications for 2019 Summer Interns at Kennedy Space Center. Students can apply using the link below.
Company: Jacobs at NASA’s Kennedy Space Center
Job Function: Public Affairs
Employment type: Full-Time, 40 hours/week
Location: Cape Canaveral, FL
Public Affairs – 3-Month Intern
Role & Responsibilities
Jacobs at NASA’s Kennedy Space Center is seeking a Public Affairs Intern who is full of creative ideas and eager to contribute on a large scale. This role must be filled by an individual who is highly motivated, creative, and organized. Excellent oral and written communication skills are required for this opportunity. Candidates must be dependable and a self-starter with strong writing, problem solving, and interpersonal skills.
The Public Affairs Intern will assist the Public Affairs Officer at Jacobs with content creation, company outreach, project organization, community management and more.
3-Month Internship Program:
Jacobs’ summer internship program is open to juniors and seniors from an accredited University. It is a full-time paid internship for 3 months where you are a fully contributing member of our Public Affairs Office. You will have the opportunity to work and present directly to the company General Managers, Directors and the NASA Public Affairs and Communications Teams.
- Assist with general team research and administrative tasks
- Assist with conceptualizing and creating graphic content
- Assist with planning and executing special events or media events
- Talk to Subject Matter Experts to gather information in order to write fact sheets
- Create company collateral and new outreach products for various audiences
- Sufficient knowledge of the space program and NASA’s major programs
- Strong writing and editing skills. AP Style Guide knowledge
- Graphic design, Photoshop, and/or photography skills are highly preferred
- High level of organization, attention to detail and positive attitude
- Ability to work independently and multi-task in a dynamic fast-paced environment
- Ability to assist with projects from concept to production