January 13 Power Lunch:
“The Impact of Social Media Platforms on PR”
Join the Space Coast FPRA on January 13th for a Power Lunch, as we discuss the changing world of social media as it applies to PR professionals. In just a few short years, social media has evolved to a complex landscape of platforms — each with unique objectives, audiences, opportunities, and rules of the road. A recent study by ING reported that 81% of PR professionals and 78% of journalists feel they can no longer do their job without social media, underscoring that in today’s workplace, PR and social media work hand in hand. In this session, you will learn.
- Why a multi-prong strategy to social media is critical for PR success
- Which platforms make sense for certain types of businesses
- 10 best ways that businesses can get organic reach on social media
- Best practices for reporter engagement via social media
- How Facebook paid advertising works (and differs from Google Adwords)
- What are some of the newer changes on these platforms, and why they matter
At the beginning of the meeting, we will also hear from Emily Tonn, Therapist with Pamper Your Mind. She will discuss the challenges of being the “rock” in your workplace and the challenges of dealing with crisis, as many PR professionals do in their daily jobs.
Tickets are $20 for FPRA Members, $15 for Students, and $25 for non-members (a $1 surcharge is applied for online payments). Cost includes lunch.
- Wednesday, January 13, 2015
- Government Center in Viera – Building C, 3rd Floor “Florida Room”
2725 Judge Fran Jamieson Way, Viera FL 32940
- 11:30 a.m. Registration & Networking
- 12:00 p.m. Power Lunch Program (includes lunch)